Saturday, May 17, 2008

NEW BOOK



My friend Megan gave me the book "Moloka'i" to read. I have just gotten into the Second Chapter, and I love this book! It is so good. I know it's supposed to be a tear jerker, but I love it already. The book starts out on the island of O'ahu during the end of the reign of King Kalakaua and the beginning of the reign of Queen Liliuokalani. I also know it's about the Leper Colony in Kalaupapa on the island of Moloka'i.

Every place mentioned so far on the island of O'ahu...I know exactly where these places are (SIGH) Makes me miss home more, and of course it makes Kenyon hear the words he dreads, "I want to go home...just for a visit. I miss the ocean" :)

Thanks Megan!!!

3 comments:

megan said...

I love it when I make a good recommendation! (sorry kenyon :)
I need your email (I have no idea why I don't have it...maybe because this is how we communicate??) to forward the camping info!! email me: m_holdsworth1@yahoo.com

Katie said...

My book list keeps getting longer and longer. I keep hearing about good books I want to read and I dont know when I am going to get around to all of them. I'll have to add this to it.

Dawn said...

pass it on when you are done! I'd love to read about Hawaii, even if it's about lepers. Hey I wanna go camping.