Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Zucchini Patch

So obviously we have too many zucchini plants planted. Next year I will only plant one plant. We've had a really good crop of zucchini and have had a zucchini summer dish with tomatoes, bacon, chesse, and onions, I've made zucchini bread, and fried zucchini. It's been kind of fun.



Last weekend we went to check out our plant and see if there was anything new and found this:





YEP! a nest of 9 quail eggs. I've tried to get a picture with the mama quail sitting on them, but she won't let me get my camera inside the plant to take a good picture.

2 comments:

What's for dinner? said...

Our zucchini over took our garden too!

Dawn said...

We'd like some zucchine! I didn't get any this year out of my hobo garden! I love the quail nest, that is so cool! What have you been doing with yourself these days? I don't think I've seen you in a month and a half! Come to the Elder's quorum party saturday and 4:30, at the Shane Peterson house. k?