Wednesday, October 7, 2009

American Dental Association Conference

Since we first got married I have been waiting for this year's ADA Conference because it is being held in HAWAII! This is my first time going home in almost 3 years. It's been so nice. It's always a little hectic on O'ahu because there are people to see and catch up with and running around to do, and lots of food that we can't eat in the mainland to eat. Plus, I have been Kenyon's chauffeur driving him to the Convention Center and then picking him up. On Thursday we met up with Brian and Melissa and went kayaking at Lanikai ....i love Lanikai!

While Kenyon was at the Convention Center I got a massage with Desiree and then we had lunch together. Another day, I got to have Spam Katsu Musubi for the first time. I really like Spam Musubi, but Spam Katsu Musubi is so good! I'm definitely going to try to have that again. I also went to the Swap Meet at the Aloha Stadium, and bought some treats, but was too full from the Spam Musubi to eat any of it. Later that day we had Chinese food from Kin Wah in Kaneohe. So good. I really miss eating Minute Chicken and Cake Noodles. Kenyon didn't really like it, he thought it was too salty, I thought he was crazy!

We had shaved ice at Waiola's on Kapahulu, and we had Beard Papas cream puffs. They fill these cream puffs when you purchase them. They seriously melt in your mouth! Later, on Friday night we went to Waikiki for Dinner with my cousin and his girlfriend so of course we stopped at the International Market Place to take a picture. Kenyon hasn't been to the International Market Place in about 20 years.


On Saturday night we met up with my brother Nick, and his family Titi and Reggie and went to the Polynesian Cultural Center to their new night show. It was awesome! Definitely a must see!






Kenyon said my little Hawaii inflections come out more when I am home, and every once in a while I will catch myself, but I still am not even close to speaking pidgin.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Karyn, I am so jealous you went to Hawaii. I can't believe it had been three years since you had been home. Well, I'm glad you were able to go and see some family and friends and do the wonderful and unique things there are to do in Hawaii. I would love to get over there again soon. Oh, and your hair is so long and pretty!

What's for dinner? said...

How fun! I'm glad that you finally got to get back to Hawaii!