So as most of you know we still own the house in Queen Creek, and even though I wish we still lived there, our Tenants are supposed to be purchasing the house. Although, this process has been going on for about 1-1/2 years it still has not come to fruition, and so we have continued to wait. The nice thing is that our entire mortgage payment is covered so we haven't had to worry about that payment (Blessing #1).
However, recently our tenants decided that they did not want to purchase the house for our agreed upon amount from 1-1/2 years ago; they felt that they should be able to purchase the house for today's appraised value. Because of this new development I started to stress out, and was losing sleep thinking about the problems that this will cause, the extra money for attorney's, and being angry and hurt.
I immediately started looking up home prices in Queen Creek and saw houses comparable to our house were going for $165,000/$175,000. So of course I began losing more sleep. Then Kenyon suggested I talk to his old roommate Nate, who was going to become a real estate attorney (Blessing #2). In speaking with Nate I was reassured that all my documents were fine and I had not done anything wrong, and I wouldn't have to give them back any of their money because I did my contracts correctly. What a relief to receive that reassurance!
When we got the appraisal back I was informed that the house was appraised higher but not high enough to meet our original contract. Since February 2006 the value of the house has dropped $70,000. So I have been praying and praying for everyone's hearts to be softened, that we could all come to an agreement, and that we would not lose any friendships over this.
When we went to the temple on Saturday I even put names on the prayer roll. Sure enough, Wednesday morning rolled around and I received a long email detailing the grievances of our Tenants. Half the problem was that there was miscommunication and misunderstanding. So now, things are fine again, and our Tenant has agreed to follow through with the purchase in a couple of years. Good for us because we will have owned the house for 5 years! and hopefully things will look a little better real estate-wise in Queen Creek.
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father answers and listens to our prayers, and I know that He definitely helped us out in this situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment