Sunday, August 17, 2008

Boston & Beyond: Dad & John's Wild New England Excursion

Well folks its been awhile since I've seen most of you and I'm sure you all know what I've been up to recently. I think I keep in touch with everyone in the family quite well. In fact I'll TOOT my own Horn and say I'm the best...lol...thank you very much. Anywho, Dad and I recently returned from a week long adventure to New England. We checked out Plymouth, Cape Cod, Newport RI, Submarine Base in CT, New Haven, Vermont, Maine, Salem, Boston, and even a Red Sox game. To say the least we've been busy and I was Dad's personal chauffeur the entire time. I'm not comlaining bc that means I was in Control the entire time haha. Well it was a blast and we had the chance to meet up with a number of people I taught on the mission and even stop by one of Dads relatives, Charlie Garby. It was great fun so here are some pics to document the trip.

Boston, Mass Temple

Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park






Dad's 2nd cousin Charlie Garby....people say they look alike.





Joseph Smith monument at Sharon Vermont
Dad after hiking Sleeping Giant...what a trooper. For a bit I'd thought I'd lose him.

USS Nautilus...world's 1st nuclear powered submarine
Newport RI
Cape Cod National Seashore

Old Towne Warwick, RI

1 comment:

Dawn said...

no mistaking that guy! He's definitely a brother! What a fun trip. The highlight would've been the baseball game for Tom. Someday...