Sunday, February 21, 2010

Congratulations Shiu and Michelle





On February 12 we drove to San Diego to be with Shiu and Michelle for their sealing. Shiu is being deployed soon to Afghanistan, and will be gone for a 7 month tour. I'm so proud of Shiu and Michelle for making the decision to be sealed in the temple with their family.


When we got in to San Diego we stayed in La Mesa, I love La Mesa. That's where I was living when Kenyon and I first met. We stayed in the Holiday Inn Express about a block away from my old apartment.

Later that evening we caught up with Nick, Titi, and Reggie, they were at the zoo and met us so we could eat at El Azteca. It's still one of the best little hole in the wall taco shops! I think it's awesome that Nick and his little famly flew in from Hawaii for the occassion too.

The next day we of course were late for the session, but didn't know they were waiting for us. Instead we met up with Dinesh and Ben and their family while the session was in progress.

Dinesh and Ben waited outside with all the kids and Kenyon and I were able to join up with the group for the sealing. A sealing is always wonderful and easily reminds me of our marriage. And of course someone has to bring up how Kenyon was very emotional that day until the sealer reminded us we should multiply and replenish the earth. At that moment, Kenyon broke in to a huge grin, which made the sealer and most other people in the room start to chuckle.

Once Shiu and Michelle were sealed, Raoh, Novalynn, and baby Shiu were also brought in to the room. It was beautiful.


It's so nice to get together with everyone, but it's too bad it's so rushed and over so quickly. On Sunday Kenyon and I drove home...I was able to drive the entire trip and get us home in 6 hours. Kenyon had to work in Bagdad the next day and I was worried about him getting enough rest.



1 comment:

mountains-to-climb said...

Thanks again so much for coming!!! We love you guys :)